A number of factors such as cold weather, improper nutrition and dehydration lead to drying on the skin causing cracks in the skin. Dry skin causes a lot of discomfort and cracking causes skin to degenerate. Some of the symptoms of dry skin are pale coloration, shrinking of skin, irritation, redness, peeling and susceptibility to allergic reactions. Some of the internal factors that cause dry skin are persistent problems in the endocrine glands, stress, and malfunction of nervous and gastrointestinal tract and lack of vitamins.
Table of Contents
- 15 Amazing Homemade Masks for Dry Skin:
- I. Nourishing Mask for Dry Skin:
- 1. Mask with Yeast:
- 2. Mask of Flax Seeds:
- 3. Mask of Banana and Cream:
- II. Hydrating Mask for Dry Skin:
- 1. Cottage Cheese and Potato Mask:
- 2. Mask of Apples, Cream and Vitamin E:
- 3. Mask with Aloe and Glycerol:
- III. Rejuvenating Masks for Dry Skin:
- 1. Honey Linen Mask:
- 2. Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese mask:
- IV. Homemade Cleansing Mask for Dry Skin:
- 1. Mask of Oatmeal:
- 2. Mask with Tomato:
- 3. Carrot Mask:
- V. Homemade Masks for Dry Skin of Hands:
- 1. Oatmeal mask:
- 2. Sour Cream and Honey Mask:
- 3. Cottage Cheese and Oil Mask:
- VI. Homemade Masks for Dry Scalp:
- 1. Oil Mask:
- 2. Mask with Egg Yolk:
- 3. Burdock and Honey Mask:
- Read Also:
- 8 Best Home Remedies to Treat Dry, Cracked Hands
- Top 5 Home remedies for dry skin on face
- 5 Quick Home Remedies For Dry Skin on Hands
15 Amazing Homemade Masks for Dry Skin:
A number of home based nourishing masks are available that involve the use of oils, moisturizing components and others.
I. Nourishing Mask for Dry Skin:
1. Mask with Yeast:
- For this mask you will need 1 tablespoon of compressed yeast.
- Soak them in warmed milk.
- The mixture should resemble the consistency of thick cream.
- Apply on the face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the mask with water that is at room temperature.
- Apply a moisturizer to complete the process.
2. Mask of Flax Seeds:
The mask is suitable for those who want to repair dry, chapped skin, to reduce inflammation.
- Cook porridge of flax seeds by mixing two glasses of water and two tablespoons of flax seed.
- Cool it to a warm state.
- Spread a thick layer over your face.
- Leave it on 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
- At the end of the procedure put on some skin cream.
3. Mask of Banana and Cream:
- Take one banana, mash it and mix with a tablespoon of cream.
- Keep the mask on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- After the procedure, rinse your face with warm water and apply a nourishing cream.
II. Hydrating Mask for Dry Skin:
1. Cottage Cheese and Potato Mask:
- To make this mask boil a potato, cool it and then remove the skin and mash to a puree.
- It should be mixed with a tablespoon of olive oil and the same amount of cottage cheese.
- At the end, add a teaspoon of glycerin. The mixture should remain on the face for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask with water at room temperature.
- After this, lightly massage and apply a nourishing cream.
2. Mask of Apples, Cream and Vitamin E:
- Make a puree of apple by grating it finely.
- Add a teaspoon of warm cream and two or three drops of vitamin E.
- Let the mask rest on the face for 15-20 minutes.
- After that wash alternately with hot and cold water.
- If your skin is very dry then follow this with a nourishing cream.
3. Mask with Aloe and Glycerol:
- For this mask you will need glycerin, aloe, hot water and oatmeal.
- In two tablespoons of water mix a tablespoon of glycerin and the same amount of aloe pulp.
- Oatmeal should be added in the end stirring until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- Apply the mask for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
III. Rejuvenating Masks for Dry Skin:
1. Honey Linen Mask:
- Cook porridge with 200 grams of water and 3 tablespoons of flaxseed.
- Allow to cool.
- To enrich the mask add half teaspoon of warm honey and the same amount of jojoba oil.
- Apply this warm mixture on your face for 20 minutes, covering the top with a towel.
- Wash with warm water.
2. Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese mask:
- For the mask dissolve a tablespoon of sour cream, a teaspoon of curd and add a small pinch of salt.
- The mixture should be spread on the skin of the face and neck.
- Apply for 20 minutes and rinse with mineral water.
IV. Homemade Cleansing Mask for Dry Skin:
1. Mask of Oatmeal:
- Pour three tablespoons of warm milk into the same amount of crushed oatmeal.
- After 10 minutes add a tablespoon of any vegetable oil and a teaspoon of honey to the milk-oat mixture.
- Leave this on for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash with cool mineral water.
2. Mask with Tomato:
- To make a cleansing mask with tomato, take one and grate it.
- Add the remaining ingredients to 1 teaspoon of wheat oil and as much cream.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Apply and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool mineral water.
3. Carrot Mask:
This mask is best to cleanse dry and loose skin.
- Make a puree of carrots by grating in a fine grater.
- Squeeze the juice soak them folded in several layers of cheesecloth.
- Then put it on your face and leave for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, rinse the skin with mineral water.
V. Homemade Masks for Dry Skin of Hands:
1. Oatmeal mask:
This mask has a good moisturizing effect. Cook oatmeal porridge. Enrich it with oil or wheat germ argan (fit and unrefined olive). Dip your hands in this warm mixture for 15 minutes. Rinse your hands with warm water and rub nourishing cream into the skin.
2. Sour Cream and Honey Mask:
This mask will help to get rid of the skin peeling of hands and rejuvenate them. Take a tablespoon of sour cream and warm honey and add the yolk of fresh eggs. Apply this mixture on the hands, wrap them with plastic and cover with a towel. Leave it in for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
3. Cottage Cheese and Oil Mask:
Oil in combination with cheese softens dry skin on hands. To do this, mix a teaspoon of vegetable oil (linseed, carrots or any other) with the same amount of green tea and lemon peel. Complete mask with two tablespoons of cottage cheese. The mixture should resemble the consistency of cream. Apply this mask on your hands and leave it in for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
VI. Homemade Masks for Dry Scalp:
1. Oil Mask:
Oil Mask recognized as one of the best that can moisturize dry scalp and restore the protective layer. Warm up almond or olive oil and add a few drops of tea tree oil. The hot mixture can be used to massage the scalp. Wrap your head with a warm towel. Leave this mask on for 30 minutes. After that, it should be washed off with warm water and a mild shampoo.
2. Mask with Egg Yolk:
Mask nourishes dry scalp and makes hair soft. Take ¼ cup of hot non-carbonated mineral water and add the yolk of one egg and one tablespoon of vodka. The resulting warm mixture is massaged into the scalp. Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes and wrap the head with a towel. At the end of the procedure, wash it off with water at room temperature with a mild shampoo.
3. Burdock and Honey Mask:
Mask with burdock oil eliminates the dryness of the scalp and fights baldness. For this in ¼ cup of warm burdock oil, add a tablespoon of warmed honey and arnica tincture, one tablespoon of yogurt, one egg yolk. Massage the mask into the scalp using your fingers. Wrap your head with a towel. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes. Rinse it with shampoo.
Any mask for dry skin should not be used more than 2 times a week per month. Then you need to take a break for at least a week before resuming the procedure again. Drink plenty of water and eat nutritiously to get maximum benefits from the mask.