Honey is a valuable food which contains a lot of nutrients. Previously it helped people to treat many diseases and was used to prepare medicinal ointments and gels. Today, its properties are valued across the globe for cosmetology. Honey is a wonderful tool with which you can get rid of acne, eliminate age spots and freckles from the skin and prevent premature aging.
Effects of Honey on Face:
Honey is a valuable source of micro and macro elements. The skin under its influence is transformed and begins to shine with a healthy look, by regular use of cosmetics including this ingredient the skin:
- Cleanses from free radicals
- Softens and tones
- Saturates with useful substances
- Becomes elastic
In addition, the impact of this fine product allows you to remove dryness in skin and get rid of the oily sheen on the skin surface and its ability to normalize the works on sebaceous glands. With this combined effect of honey on your skin, you can use it as a main ingredient for making household masks for everyday use. However, it also contains a large number of allergens, so before using a mask with honey a person should conduct a little test.
Take a small amount of the prepared mask and put it on your wrist. Why here? Because in this area the skin almost has same sensitivity as the face. After 5 – 10 minutes, remove it and wash with water. During the day allergic reaction does not occur, the mask can be used without any fear. If any red spots appear or any itching sensation is found then the use of it should be discarded.
Indications and Contraindications:
Face mask with honey is shown to those who are facing cosmetic side effects, such as:
- Dark spots
- Excessive dryness
- Increased fat content
- Loss of elasticity and firmness
In general, the use of such mask is recommended by both therapeutic as well as prophylactic. Contraindications include only in individual product for intolerance, diabetes mellitus and dilated blood vessels. For the rest, since honey can be used typically there won’t be any contraindications to normal users.
Rules in making masks with honey:
To prepare the masks only liquid honey must be used if it is hard to find honey then you can use a sugar-coat but first melt it since you must be very careful and attentive. You cannot heat the honey over 40 C since all the useful properties will disappear and mask additionally would lose its effectiveness. Therefore it is better to use heated honey with the thermometer to check the temperature.
The important point is that it is impossible to put hot honey as a mask on your face, as it can burn your skin. Always give honey some time to cool at room temperature after heating and before applying. Honey can be used as an independent cosmetic product for cleaning face within 15 – 20 minutes. This will saturate the cells of elements such as:
- Sodium (Na)
- Phosphorus (P)
- Boron (B)
- Iron (Fe)
- Potassium (K)
- Calcium (Ca)
- Vitamins of different groups
- Organic acids
- Fructose and Sucrose
But this above list has increased significance so honey is recommended to be mixed with other ingredients which are also beneficial to the skin. They are selected based on available cosmetic issues.
Honey Face Mask Recipes:
1. For healthy and young face:
- Take a teaspoon of liquid honey and 1 whole egg (raw).
- Add two components in a single container and mix with consistency until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture on the skin with massaging movements and leave for half an hour.
- Such masks can be used not only to preserve the beauty of the skin but also for the entire body especially, useful for neck and décolleté.
If you want to get rid of wrinkles or to prevent their occurrence instead of whole egg, you can take only egg yolk. It nourishes and moisturizes the delicate skin of the face as well as contributes its regeneration.
2. For dry and aging skin:
For the preparation of this, you will need a medium-sized apple.
- You have to grate and mix with one teaspoon of liquid honey.
- This composition should be applied by lying in a horizontal position and cover top of a face with a thick cloth.
- After 20 minutes, the remnants of cosmetic products must be removed with a cotton swab dipped in warm milk.
3. For oil and combination skin:
For its preparation, you will need a tablespoon of liquid honey and one raw egg white.
- First, whip the protein-resistant foam and then slowly mix it with honey.
- The mask should be applied with massage movements and should be washed only after it dries.
- For the proteins, you can also use lemon juice or pulp.
- However, the mask should not be kept on for more than 25 – 30 minutes.
4. To rejuvenate the skin:
- Take a tablespoon of oatmeal in the grinder and mix with two teaspoons of liquid honey.
- Set resulting composition aside for 5–10 minutes.
- This time should be sufficient for the mask to dry and easily slip into facial pores. If the mixture is thick, add a few drops of lemon juice.
- This mask should be kept on for 15 minutes.
5. To improve blood circulation and give skin a healthy color:
You need to use a mask with the mixture of honey and ginger. And it is advisable to use the ginger root rather than a finished powder sold in stores.
- To prepare this mask you will need a half teaspoon of grated ginger with two teaspoons of liquid honey.
- The resulting product mixture must be immediately applied to clean skin and wash it after 15 minutes with water.
- Do not overdo the mask as warming effect of ginger can cause skin irritation.
Image Credit: 1