Last updated on May 29th, 2018 at 03:41 pm
I hear low carb and I think something chicken-y broccoli-y. A tear comes in my eye and runs down my face (can you imagine if that tear went up my face? It would be scary).
Guess, I need to say buh bye to my dream of a flat belly and future of no diabetes. With my family history, I need to watch out for those carbs as if they’re tigers and I’m an antelope. Only in my case, I’m the antelope who eats the tiger and he makes me sick. Yay, the antelope won (kinda).
But, well, the world isn’t that bad, bad place many people say it is.
You know why?
Because there are meals that can actually be low carb and not be chicken with broccoli. Shocking, I know.
Although that chicken with broccoli sounds real good with the right sauce.
Now, since I like to switch things up and have 3 plant-based days/week at least, unlike other lists I included a low carb vegan recipe list as well.
*I wanna make a quick note here: These are HEALTHY low carb recipes. I made this list with the goal to collect and provide low carb, but absolutely healthy (and of course delicious) recipes. The goal is not to eat low carb meals to lose weight and fat, while eating unhealthy food. So chicken in cheese sauce? You won’t find that here. Beef lettuce burgers? None of them here either. Just like there are no grains, there is also no high-fat cheese (with the exception of some feta), red or fried meat and I don’t believe in tofu, so none of that here either.
Now that I got the boring stuff off my chest, here are 51 healthy low carb meals that will make you healthier and, well yeah, make it easier to lose weight.
And I think they’re all winners.
50+ Low Carb Main Dish Recipes
Low Carb Recipes With Seafood
Let’s start with seafood. All these tasty low carb seafood recipes are quick and easy, full of flavor, very healthy and most take no more than 30 minutes.
1. Brazilian Style Fish Stew. Great, light dinner recipe! Made with white fish and coconut milk this paleo recipe is ready in just 20 min.
2. Blackened Shrimp, Asparagus And Avocado Salad. If I ever order a salad at a restaurant I want it always be this one. You can make this low carb salad in 10 minutes and leave the yogurt dressing for a paleo option.
3. Paleo Sushi Salmon Roll with Cauliflower Rice. Not a big fan of cauliflower rice, but this paleo salmon sushi roll looks like something I’d want to eat even for breakfast.
4. Shrimp & Calamari in Garlicky Tomato Sauce. I could eat this every single day for the rest of my life – you only need one large cooking pan, some shrimp, some calamari, tomatoes, basil and garlic. It takes 15 minutes and is one of my favorite healthy dinner recipes that happens to be low carb.
5. Garlic Herb Salmon and Zucchini Foil Packets. Super simple & easy 5-ingredient low carb salmon recipe that is full of flavor and you can basically throw together + cook in 15 minutes!
6. Seafood Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles. Correct me if I’m wrong, but there’s really nothing better than creamy pasta! See, we’re friends. This paleo pasta looks so creamy I could almost taste it. The sauce is made with coconut cream & garlic, pasta – zucchini, seafood – is a mix and the entire recipe takes around 30 minutes.
7. Raw Tuna Salad. If I ever happen to find raw sashimi grade tuna and don’t feel stingy to pay for it / or am brave enough to steal it – I’ll make this recipe. If you’re a grown up who doesn’t have these mental issues – go for it! This salad is incredibly healthy & quick and dressed with an Asian-inspired dressing (sesame oil has all my respect & love).
8. Garlicky Shrimp. Super simple shrimp recipe with A LOT of garlic. I mean, what else can you ask for? Takes 20 minutes, is paleo & Whole30 and would go great with some salad.
9. Salmon & Avocado Nori Rolls (Paleo Sushi). This sushi recipe said bye rice and got SO much better! I’m looking at it and it’s calling my name. If you want to make this low carb sushi ahead – it will be good in the fridge for up to 24hours (48 max). All it takes is 10 minutes and 10 ingredients.
10. Keto Tuna Salad. This easy low carb tuna salad recipe takes 15 minutes and you can make it by cooking some fresh tuna, but if you don’t have time – canned is good enough. Right now, I’m all about good enough. This recipe is paleo and calls for home-made mayonnaise.
11. Avocado Tuna Salad (No Mayo) And if you don’t like mayo? Here’s a super easy avocado version. This healthy low carb tuna salad recipe uses avocado instead of mayo and takes 5-minutes + 7 ingredients.
12. Quick & Healthy One Pan Salmon With Vegetables. The title says it all. I threw this delicious low carb recipe in 10 minutes and it’s super healthy and delicious. I used a yogurt garlic sauce, but you can use a different sauce if you need it to be paleo.
13. Shrimp Scampi With Zucchini Noodles – easy, but full of flavor paleo recipe that you can make tonight in 15 minutes.
14. Garlic Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles – I’m on fire with those zucchini noodles. Spiralizer for my birthday!!! For now I’ll probably just shave my zucchini to make this tasty and healthy recipe. It takes 8 ingredients and around 30 minutes.
15. Avocado Salmon Salad Recipe. Okay, Natasha asks “Is your mouth watering yet”. It is. Always, actually, but now even more. Look at this recipe, it’s so simple, but incredible. I know this healthy salmon salad recipe only takes 30 minutes and a bunch of super healthy ingredients you can find anywhere, but it would be even better if I could use a 3D printer and get what she made right now (I could never get salmon to look like that).
16. Salmon Greek Salad With Lemon Basil Dressing. Greek Salad + Salmon = Winner. It’s simple math. This salad is super healthy – loaded with omega-3’s from salmon and walnuts and full of antioxidants. If you want to make it paleo – just leave out the cheese.
17. Anti-Inflammatory Salmon Lettuce Wraps. Cannot wait for asparagus, so I can make this super healthy low carb and anti-inflammatory recipe again! These lettuce wraps are light, but full of flavor and take around 15 minutes.
18. Paleo Shrimp Fried Rice. I’m not the only person who craves fried rice AT LEAST twice a day, am I? This is a healthy paleo version with cauliflower rice and shrimp that is super easy & quick. (BTW. OMG did I tell you I recently tried fried cauliflower rice? I think I forgot. Well, in case I’m not the last person on Earth to try it and you’re wondering whether it tastes like fried rice – it did not. But was super close, delicious and light. I made it twice, so it means something, you know? – next time – this recipe!)
19. Paleo Sushi with Salmon & Avocado. I couldn’t resist including another low carb sushi recipe here (as you can tell, I desperately need sushi). Here you’ll use a cucumber instead of nori, isn’t it exciting? I love it! This recipe takes a little more than 30 minutes, but I think I’ll invest that time.
Low Carb Recipes With Chicken
We made it to the low carb chicken recipes!
(Usually you don’t see any chicken recipes around here. That’s because I’ve been eating chicken my whole life and with this blog I wanted to try new recipes. But this blog is not only for me, it’s for everyone + those are chicken recipes that are fully new to me. Counts. Okay, sorry for wasting 5 sec.)
20. Simple Paleo Chicken Curry Recipe. When someone mentions curry, I start to daydream. Especially when that curry involves coconut milk. And this one does. This paleo recipe takes 1 hour total, BUT you’ll have 8, I repeat, 8 servings.
21. Chicken Tortilla-less Soup. Perfect for meal prep! Making this soup takes 50 minutes, BUT again makes 8 servings. Delicious, healthy and A LOT of it!
23. Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Whole30 Paleo). If you have even less time for meal prep, BOOM! This simple paleo and low carb chicken recipe takes 10 minutes and is all you need for lunch or dinner.
24. Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad. Did we all just see this salad? It will be on my mind for the rest of the day/week. Seriously don’t understand how someone cannot like salad, look at this again! I was seriously blown away by all the delicious looking recipes on Cafe Delites. This low carb salad recipe takes 25 minutes, which seems like a lot for a salad, but this is a full meal, so it’s definitely time well spent.
25. Turkey Sausage Meatballs In Sage Cream Sauce. Bake these paleo turkey meatballs, make the creamy sauce and start a new life in less than 25 minutes.
26. One Pot Low-Carb Paleo Keto Asian Chicken Stir Fry Recipe. A delicious, Asian-inspired chicken recipe you can make in 20 minutes for dinner tonight. And you won’t regret it.
27. 30-minute Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken & Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry. Any main dish recipe that has the words Spicy, Thai, Stir Fry and 30-minute has all of my attention.
28. Paleo & Whole30 Leftover Turkey Chili. Got leftovers? Of course you do – use them in this paleo chili and you’ll have (another) yummy healthy dinner ready in 40 minutes.
29. Whole30 Lettuce Wraps – PF Changs Recipe. Tasty, light chicken recipe that serves 4 people and is ready in 25 minutes.
30. Tuscan Chicken Skillet. Very easy, simple weeknight dinner recipe that also happens to be healthy and tasty!
31. Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce. Fine, get me a spiralizer already! Not only does this have 2 of my favorite words (Thai & Spicy), but it also comes together in 15 minutes and has 363 kcal/serving.
32. Paleo Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe. This one would be perfect for meal prep – easy and delicious!
33. Lemon and Artichoke Chicken. Incredibly simple delightful recipe that is paleo and requires only 7 ingredients.
Low Carb Vegan Recipes
At last: recipes that are vegan and low carb. Believe it or not, these do exist and taste amazing.
34. Harissa Portobello Mushroom “Tacos”. Light, healthy and just delicious – you can make these gluten-free vegan lettuce tacos in 30 minutes.
35. Hemp Seed Tabouli. Watch out, Bulgur! Hemp hearts just took your spot in this delicious salad recipe to make it low carb and it looks fresh and tasty!
36. Raw Vegan Collard Wrap Recipe. The meat in these lovely raw tacos is made with pecans and for wrapping you’ll use collard leaves! Such a healthy and beautiful recipe!
37. Mushroom Cauliflower Rice. You need one skillet and 20 minutes to make this yummy vegan low carb dinner!
38. 10 Minute Raw Vegan Curry over Zucchini Noodles. Isn’t it amazing that you can make this curry in 10 minutes? If you’ve never had raw zoodles with curry – this delicious recipe is the perfect opportunity.
39. Quick and Tasty Detox Arugula, Avocado & Tomato Salad. Very simple, refreshing and satisfying salad that makes a good light dinner or lunch!
40. The ‘look after yourself’ kale wrap. Use kale for wrapping this incredibly healthy, clean recipe that will boost your immune system! This kale wrap is vegan, paleo and nut-free.
41. Raw Spaghetti With Bolognese Sauce. The refreshing (and satisfying) version of spaghetti bolognese. Use raw zucchini for spaghetti (seriously, where is my spiralizer?) and walnuts + sun dried tomatoes to make a delicious bolognese sauce!
42. Raw Power Zucchini Pasta With Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce. It’s amazing how a pasta dish can actually be fresh, light and unbelievably healthy! Well, at least this one is! Here the pasta is again made from zucchini and the main ingredients for the incredibly creamy sauce are cashews and hemp seeds!
43. Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Avocado Pesto. Okay, so I couldn’t stop myself with the zucchini noodle recipes, they all look so irresistible and genius. Like this one. It takes zucchini, avocado, basil and pine nuts (+ some other ingredients) and makes delicious pasta out of those. That pasta is then paleo, low carb, vegan and amazing. And fast (less than 20 min).
44. Raw Red Pepper Soup. 5 minutes and a high-speed blender is all you need to make this raw red pepper soup and you get 100% of your daily vitamin C!
45. Healthy Paleo & Vegan Lettuce Tacos. Food processor, nuts, seeds and vegetables are the 4 things you’ll need to make this absolutely healthy and delicious paleo vegan recipe!
46. Vegan Sunflower Hummus Wrap. Use sunflower hummus instead of regular hummus to make this delicious vegan wrap! This recipe is paleo, low carb and extra healthy!
47. Raw 5-Min Spaghetti Recipe. If you happen to have 5 minutes – this dish is for you! The zucchini noodles are topped with a fresh tomato-walnut sauce and make an antioxidant-rich main dish recipe!
48. Raw Pad Thai With Spicy Almond Sauce. Use almond butter for this tasty sauce and make this fresh Pad Thai recipe this week!
49. Raw Chili Recipe. It takes 10 minutes to make this antioxidant – rich, vegan chili recipe for dinner tonight.
50. Paleo And Vegan Lasagna With Cashew Cheese. A heart-warming vegan & paleo dish with artichoke-tomato sauce and cashew basil cheese.
51. Raw Tuna Salad Recipe (vegan) Make sure to soak the nuts before you start with this recipe! If you do, all it takes is 7 minutes for this raw tuna salad.
Whew, I actually posted this yesterday, it took a loooong time to put together! I’m definitely easing into this, as I’ve noticed I’m eating grains way too often + trying to get my family to do it as well. Does it even work if the whole family isn’t involved? I can’t imagine seeing a toast and resisting it.
You might also like:
- 9 meal prep recipes that don’t involve chicken
- 15 high protein low carb vegan foods
- How to eat to reduce inflammation