Gina Badalaty a health blogger and mother of two kids with autism. She is the founder of Embracing Imperfect, a website dedicated to reaching out to moms who are confused on how to raise children with specific disabilities and special needs. She enjoys writing about health and food topics concerning how processed food is made, the dangers of commonly used ingredients, and how food affects our brain, especially a baby’s brain.
Gina joins me today to share her insights and ideas regarding what’s it like to be a health advocate and a mom of two kids with autism. She discusses the time she realized how food affects the brain and the steps she took to improve her children’s lives through diet. She also explains why some foods should not be consumed even if they’re labeled “organic” or “natural,” describes how she deals with stress, and why sometimes you can use it as motivation inside the gym.
“Every single thing you eat and drink is really important – not just to your body, but to your brain and how it functions.” – Gina Badalaty
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- When Gina got her passion for fitness.
- The dietary changes she made for her family.
- Why she’s not fond of dairy especially in America.
- The specific foods she added to their diet.
- Her philosophy on dairy, gluten, and soy.
- How she handles stress eating and what she does in the gym afterward.
Gina Badalaty’s Advice to Transform Your Family’s Life:
- Test and experiment with how your body responds to different foods.
- Identify your dietary limits.
- Listen to your body and make adjustments along the way.
- There’s a world of other foods that are delicious and don’t contain ingredients that will harm your body.
- Remember: What you eat today affects how you perform at the gym, and how you feel afterward.
- The Unhealthy Truth by Robyn O’Brien and Rachel Kranz
Connect with Gina Badalaty:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.