Table of Contents
Keeping your colon clean is a healthy way to improve your digestion and overall immune system. It is done with different methods and ingredients, in which castor oil is also one. Castor oil mixed with one or two other ingredients is found to be very effective in colon cleansing. If you are interested, learn how to use castor oil for colon cleanse.
Is Castor oil Good for Colon Cleanse?
Yes, it contains strong cleansing properties. It is an effective way to cleanse your colon.
How to Use Castor oil for Colon Cleanse:
- 1-2 tablespoons of castor oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon or orange juice (unsweetened)
- A day before colon cleanse, take light food at dinner.
- Mix castor oil and lemon or orange juice in equal quantity.
- Drink it early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- After every 15-30 minutes, drink a glass of hot water until you empty your bowel at least 2-3 times.
- Then, eat yogurt or some other fermented dairy product to stop your bowel movements.
- Remember not to consume anything except warm water during this cleanse.
- At noon, take liquid diet.
- Later at dinner, eat semi solid food.
- Next day, you can take normal diet.
[ Read: Homemade Natural Colon Cleanse ]
- Pregnant women must avoid it as it can cause miscarriage.
- Avoid this cleanse if you are suffering from fever, diarrhea or dysentery.
- Avoid it if you are allergic to castor oil.
- People who are suffering from liver problems should do this cleanse only after toning the liver.
Although castor oil is found to be effective in colon cleansing, it should not be done without a doctor’s consultation. Remember to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration. If you want to remove toxins from your body through colon cleansing, you should use castor oil for this purpose.