Every day matters. Every choice matters. You are busy juggling your own combination of work, family, errands, driving, caretaking and other commitments. The demands on your time make it hard to work out regularly. We all know this. What you may not realize is there is incredible power in your daily choices. Yeah, it’s not always easy and it requires incredible creativity and discipline. But we women are capable of some pretty powerful stuff. And the latest in female empowerment ads from Dick’s Sporting Goods, aimed specifically at the multi-tasking woman, sums it up. Watch this and I bet it will motivate you to work out.
“When no one is watching, the smallest decisions mean the most.” The messaging is powerful and crystal clear and brings out the passion in me! We decide who we will be! I love seeing the mom who jogs to get her kids from school, or the mom who listens to the baby monitor as she jogs on the treadmill. Or the woman who nails her yoga arm balance after what appears to be intense practice. I’ve always believed in the power of positivity. We ladies know that it isn’t always easy to fit in me time, and many of us even feel guilty about having personal and physical goals. Yet at the end of the day, between the family, the job, and the outside world, we deserve to do and be and thrive.
As a mom of three, I’ve discovered that the small wins add up to big accomplishments over time. Discipline is like a muscle that gets strengthened with consistency. When I take care of me, I take better care of my family.
The commercial asks, “Who will you be?” What do you want your actions to say about you? What gets you fired up to work out and get it done? We posed this question to our Get Healthy U community and compiled their awesome answers into this list below. I can’t read the list without wanting to head off to the gym, and I hope it motivates you in the same way! Does a specific saying resonate with you? Post it where you can see it and read it daily!
- Sweat is fat crying. Get on with it. Get it finished.
- Remember when you started? Look at me now.
- I want to lift my grandbabies.
- Yes You Can.
- Your body is stronger than your mind. Don’t quit.
- The smallest decisions matter.
- I am here for me.
- I am my own priority.
- Get up. Show up. Don’t give up.
- Don’t stop exercising because you are getting old. You get old if you stop exercising.
- You can do anything for 60 seconds.
- It’s going to be hot this summer to walk around covered up so you better get to it.
- You are worth it.
- It has to happen, so just do it.
- Beast and beauty mode—bring it!
- I am the boss and I’ve got this.
- I just say “grit.”
- If it doesn’t challenge me, it doesn’t change me.
- I’m going to feel awesome when I’m done.
- Skinny jeans.
- When it gets harder is when we make changes.
- I am strong.
- I’m worth it.
- No excuses, only results.
- No one else can do it for you.
- The workout is temporary. The results are long lasting.
- You will never regret a workout when it’s done.
- It hurts now, but you will look and feel better later.
- You are the only one who has the power to change your body.
- Power up.
- You are stronger today than you were yesterday.
- Rock that bathing suit.
- Train and think how you will feel after.
- I am a bada**.
What a great list! Now, will you sleep in or conquer the day? The choice is all yours! Why not make the choice to Get Healthy U? Join the conversation. #Whowillyoube