It is officially summer and temperatures definitely got the memo! It has consistently been above 80 degrees for the past week and the last thing I want to do is be in the kitchen! Once temperatures gets above 90 degrees, it is just too hot to even eat! Well, not really. A girl has got to eat! But I definitely gravitate towards salads and dishes that I don’t need to use an oven or stove to make – like this Paleo Curry Chicken Salad!
I especially love salads with all their hydrating fruits and veggies. Like this Paleo curry chicken salad. It if full of spicy curry flavor with juicy hydrating grapes. I’ve always loved chicken salad, but this Paleo curry chicken salad is perhaps my new favorite and definitely a new staple at my house. I also like that it uses coconut yogurt instead of mayo so it keeps it nice and light with a little tang!
- 1-1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- 1 cup of coconut yogurt (plain)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 3″ chunk of ginger, finely grated
- 1 1″ chunk of tumeric, finely grated
- 2-3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/8 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl put onion, celery, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Mix to combine.
- Add grapes, curry powder, garam masala, lime zest and about 1 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Add diced chicken. Gently stir to combine.
- Add coconut yogurt, lime juice and parsley. Stir gently to combine.
- Let set for at least 15-20 minutes for flavors to marinate.
- Serve with sprinkled smoked paprika on top for garnish.
This is such a simple salad with such bold flavors! I always try to grill an extra 2 chicken breasts just so I can make a bowl of this salad the next day! It also works with rotisserie chicken or even grilled shrimp! I like mine best on a bed of lettuce with a cold Chardonnay. Yum!