Table of Contents
You will probably not going to die from eating mold as you would usually digest it similar to any other food. Moreover, as far as you own a relatively healthy immune system, there would be minimal harm to your body. Let us read to know what happens if you eat mold.
Serious Side Effects of Eating Mold:
- The food containing mold has an adverse taste and texture.
- Certain people own a respiratory allergy to molds, and eating the food consisting of molds may create an allergic reaction.
- Certain kinds of mold may cause food poisoning, and this can make you sick. Besides, it can outcome in fever, stomach cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea.
Can You Eat Around The Mold?
Asking the question -can you eat mold is like can you drink pond water. It will create some side effects as mentioned above but will not cause death of a person.
How Can You Prevent Mold From Forming?
Simple approaches to avoid the formation of mold comprises of firmly covering the foods in the refrigerator (through containers or plastic wrap), consuming leftovers within four days maximum, and not leaving fresh food outside for higher than two hours.
How Long After Eating Moldy Bread Will I Get Sick?
Within few hours of consuming moldy bread, i.e, within 5-6 ours, your body may feel diarrhoea, vomiting, and stomach pains.
[ Read: What Happens When You Stop Eating Sugar ]
What to Do When You Accidentally Eat Mold?
Though there are no severe effects perceived, when you eat mold accidentally, for your peace of mind, consult a doctor, and let him/her inform what has happened and also get a blood test done. Treatment is generally given in the form of allergy medications as well as nutrients that improve the immune system. Moreover, anti-fungal medications as well as other kinds of medications are applied in the treatment of sensitive situations of mold hypersensitivity.
The food wastage must be strongly discouraged, removing spoils or contaminated food actually does not create wastage. So, whenever you observe green, blue, or grey mold formed on bread, cheese, cake, or any other food items, avoid eating it.
- What Happens When You Drink Water with Baking Soda
- What Happens When You Stop Eating Meat
- What Happens When You Eat Too Many Bananas