Table of Contents
Getting intimate between the sheets plays a major role in maintaining the harmony of life. Sex plays a vital role in the well being of the body as it regulates the hormones controls mood swings, regularizes blood pressure and keep the person cheerful & happy. We explain in this article let us read to know what happens when you stop having sex.
Reasons for Not Having Sex:
- Mental health problems
- Inferiority complex
- Low self esteem
- History of rape or sexual abuse
- History of bad experience
- Loss of spark in life
- Low sex drive
- No time for sex
- Post baby blues
- Focus on career & work
- Change or loss of partner
MYTH: Vagina gets tighter
Well, this is not true. The tightness and the sensation are not decided by the number of sexual partners and abstinence from sex does not make you a virgin again. Nor the hymen grows back to the original shape.
What Happens When You Stop Having Sex:
1. Wet Dreams:
- The person has wet dreams (both men and women). In men, it is easier to note down the wet dreams but more complicated in women.
2. High Stress Levels:
- The endorphins released during sex helps in maintaining the mood of the person and reduce stress levels. Lack of sex decreases the release of endorphins and the stress levels increase. The blood pressure is well maintained when there is regular sex and lack of sex results in high blood pressure.
3. Decreased Immunity:
- The DHEA hormone is supposed to be antidepressant and repair the damaged skin. Sex helps in boosting immunity and keeps illness at bay. The immunity system of the body suffers due to lack of sex and becomes susceptible for infections.
- The semen is supposed to be antidepressant. The recent studies conducted showed semen acts as antidepressant and keeps the mood of the woman cheerful. Lack of sex or no sex due to breakup leads to depression among people.
5. Loss of Sex Drive:
- The no sex leads to loss of libido and the sex drive decreases. Men may even develop erectile dysfunction due to lack of sex for a long period of time.
6. Weakened Vaginal Walls:
- The vaginal walls weaken due to lack of sex and leads to painful intercourse when resumed. This is due to thinning and drying of vaginal walls due to absence of sex.
7. Staying Clear of UTI & STDs:
- The only benefit of lack or no sex is the person is clear of STDs & UTI as these are mostly transmitted through sex from the partner.
8. Weight Gain:
- Sex is the best form of exercise and helps in maintaining the weight under control. No sex leads to weight gain as having sex leads to burning calories (as much as 1400 calories if the person had sex 3-4 times per week).
9. Loss of Memory:
- The lack of sex affects the brain and leads to loss of memory and absent mindedness .The boost in the memory and cognitive functions suffer.
10. Workouts Suffer:
- The dopamine released during sex helps in motivation for the exercise next day morning. The studies show that the sex leads to hormone release which helps in maintaining better shape of the body with good tone.
11. Lack of Lubrication:
- The lack of sex leads to lack of lubrication in the vagina when the person tries to resume sex after a long break and leads to vaginal dryness and pain.
12. Affects Period Pains:
- The sex during menstruation helps to ease the cramps and pain during menstruation.
13. Affects Cardiovascular System:
- The lack of sex affects the cardiovascular system due to removal of hormonal and aerobic boost.