If you want to make green smoothies a part of your daily routine – start with this one week green smoothie challenge! It can create big change in your health and life.
We know green smoothies are great for your health and your skin. They’re an awesome way to add more antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory foods to your diet. With just this one small meal you can reduce chronic inflammation, feel great and prevent premature aging. And because they supply so many nutrients, but are low in calories and high-fiber, green smoothies can also help you and lose weight.
Therefore, let’s get to the challenge.
The 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge
This challenge takes seven days and the goal is to drink one green smoothie every single day. You can drink it in the morning after you wake up, in the afternoon – whenever you want. Just have it.
the benefits I experienced
I talked about my own green smoothie challenge and how this simple daily habit changed my cravings, it helped me stay more alert and I had more energy. So it’s something I can recommend to anyone who wants and needs a simple healthy change in their life.
Here are a few tips to make this challenge easier:
Go grocery shopping. You need to have enough ingredients for the smoothies. Usually I would buy this:
- a big bag of spinach
- frozen berries
- 3-4 bananas or 1 big pine apple or 2 mangoes
- 2-3 cucumbers
- some ginger.
You can also buy almond milk, but I’m allergic to something in store-bought dairy-free milks, so I usually make my own or use plain water.
Chop and freeze. Chop all the fruit you bought and freeze it in bags for more convenience. You can freeze the smoothie ingredients separate (for example: banana gets its own bag and mango has its own bag too) or make mixed smoothie bags (for example freeze mango, banana and spinach together). I prefer the first option, because I like to experiment and to change things up very often – but feel free to do whatever you think will help you be more consistent with this challenge.
Add the liquid. When you’re about to make the smoothie – take out the freezer bag (or assemble) and use almond milk, water or any type of liquid to blend it all until smooth.
Last advice, (but definitely not least): Find out what you like – EXPERIMENT! I found out I’m not a big fan of overly sweet smoothies and I don’t like nut butters in my smoothie (that was shocking, but true). I do love cucumber & frozen fruit in there.
Green Smoothie Recipes
Here are some green smoothie recipes to help you get started.
- My Favorite Green Smoothie Ever – with cucumber, banana, spinach and peaches
- Kale Detox Green Smoothie – with apple, kale, banana and frozen strawberries
- My Anti-Inflammatory Low-Carb Green Smoothie – with spinach, lemon and ginger, it does not taste great, but it makes you feel good and can reduce bloating
- The Apple Kiwi Green Smoothie – refreshing with spinach, kiwi and apple.
- Happy Digestion Smoothie – with pine apple, banana, ginger, parsley and avocado
- Coconut Mango Green Smoothie – as the title says, there’s coconut and mango involved here
- Green Smoothie aka THE HULK – bananas, kiwi and pear are some of the ingredients in this one.
- Cucumber Pear Green Smoothie – as you read,simple and refreshing.
Well, I do hope you try this challenge and find your love for green smoothies. See you next time!