Kelly Jones is a Board Certified Sports Dietitian, public speaker, and sports nutrition consultant that works with athletic teams, corporate wellness programs, and health professional groups She has created programs for one of the top ranked fitness clubs in the nation and is a spokesperson for USA Swimming. Additionally, Kelly runs a 4-week virtual sports nutrition course – Fit Fueling – for female athletes wanting to maximize their performance.
Kelly joins me today to share her experience with near-extreme dieting behaviors throughout her childhood and early adulthood. She explains how these behaviors lead to the point of feeling burned out in her dieting and fitness routine and how she overcame this feeling of fitness burnout. She also explains how she found a more balanced approach to her fitness routine, how it has affected her life, and how to use food to fuel your fitness journey.
“Your injury risk is very closely tied to your immune system.” – Kelly Jones
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How she started her fitness journey
- The most common “myth-understandings” regarding food and nutrition
- How the wrong types of food or dieting can inevitably lead to body injury
- Genetic links of binge-eating and eating disorders
- How she helps people avoid feeling stressed about nutrition
- Why the timing of your food intake is important
- The importance of eating high-quality foods
- The importance of having micronutrients at every meal
- How carbohydrates affect your gut health
- The most common problem people have around food in their health journey is going on a diet they know they won’t maintain forever.
- Health should be empowering and make you feel confident, not something that makes you have more negative self-talk.
- Diversity is the spice of life – even in the foods we eat.
Connect with Kelly Jones:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.