Linda Ge is a 21-year old entrepreneur, a certified health coach, and student. She is the owner of The Fitty, a place where she spreads her ideas and positive messages regarding nutrition, health, as well as her personal life. Having once had an eating disorder, Linda knows how to relate to those who have this condition and offers sound advice on how to overcome it.
Today, Linda joins me to bring awareness to eating disorders and how and why it is prevalent in teens and young adults. She discusses what an eating disorder is and shares her struggles of overcoming binge eating. She also provides tips and workable strategies on how to beat the disorder as well as how to understand those who have them.
“You do not have to be obese or overweight to have a food addiction.” – Linda Ge
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When she became passionate about fitness.
- College students and their fitness priorities.
- Social media’s influence on fitness awareness.
- Why binge eating is a common problem for college students.
- How she dealt with the consequences of binge eating.
- How people reacted towards her binge eating disorder.
- Her advice on how to help people who have an eating disorder.
- If you study health, you’re prone to be healthy. If you don’t study health, you’re less prone to that.
- It’s what’s on the inside that matters, but we’re still a vain society which makes our outer appearances count just as much.
- Nobody chooses to have an eating disorder.
Connect with Linda Ge:
Optimize Your Hormones!
Are you ready to get fit, feel better and have more energy than ever before? Then take the first step in your fitness journey with Fitfluential’s new partner, BodHD!
Head over to www.fitfluential.bodhd.com, click on “Member Benefits,” then BodMD Member Pricing, then “Female Hormone Optimization” or “Male Testosterone Optimization.” Watch the short video and sign up to get your bloodwork done. You’ll be on your way to getting a customized bio-identical hormone replacement treatment delivered to your home!
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.