There are times in which we see ourselves as characters in a cartoon trying to avoid difficulties on the way, so this is how I feel in these times when everything is moistened and people start getting the flu.
As I walk down the street, I watch in slow motion how people are coughing, sneezing, looking and feeling tired, and all I think is: Oh, the next one is me!
Prevention is better than regretting, so let’s review some things that can help to keep our body’s immune system in good condition so it won’t let us succumb to any of these viruses.
How to Prevent Colds Naturally
- Don’t eat too much sugar, it inhibits cells to defend us against an infectious agent.
- Fill your diet foods with vitamin C, with citrus fruits, strawberries, cherries, papaya, kiwi, guava, peppers, cabbage, watermelon, dark leafy greens like kale, watercress and spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, herbs like chives , cilantro, thyme and basil.
- Drink green tea sweetened with honey, the benefits of both are perfect to ward off the flu.
- Relax and sleep a little more than necessary, this allows your immune system to be ready so your body will stay healthy longer.
- Do moderate aerobic exercises such as walking and yoga.
- Wash your hands.
- Sex activates antibodies, so you better don’t miss out.
- Prepare a good amount of tomato juice, blackberries and orange, keep it in the fridge and drink every day. Over time is going to get stronger but you can continue smoothing it with water and sweetener, is infallible!